Autumn is officially here! It is my favorite season of the year.
Autumn brings about the transition from the hustle and bustle of gardening and intense food preservation to a slower pace of fun fall activities.
Autumn speaks to me of:
- hikes on local trails,
- road trips to see the color of the changing leaves,
- crisp, fresh air,
- fading light,
- long weekends in other parts of the country,
- mums, and best of all
- fresh from the orchard apples!
This year the first day of Autumn also means a fresh start on Summer Kitchen Creations. Over the past year, I’ve had a heavier than usual workload and focused much of my energy on work. Typically by the end of the day, I didn’t feel very creative.
This summer I began to feel creative again. I picked up my needle and thread and started cross stitching once more. I pulled out my paper and colored pencils to start drawing patterns and sketches. I also spent many evenings over the last few months in the kitchen filling our freezer and pantry with food preserves.
Creativity sparks creativity and energy!
Over the next few months, join me as I show you how to:
- easily make soups from scratch,
- preserve the fall harvest,
- prepare for a simpler holiday season, and
- find time to do some fun crafts and stitching, plus much more.
What do you love about Autumn?